mathieutozer.com

em ay tee aich ai ei you tee oh zed ei ar dot com




Post for a Neglected Blog


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I couldnt remember where I was for NYE last year, so I checked my flickr and blog to jolt my memory. I remember now, I played Wii at atariboys place, and then went to the house party at Gearons. Remember getting drunk and mixing really bad cocktails, and seeing some distant fireworks, dancing to JT, and then going home around 4.

This year here I am in Copacabana. It looks as though its going to be quite *maluco* or crazy tonight. My friends, who could probably play volleyball in their sleep, are going to follow through on their tradition of putting on skirts and heels and play in those, for the enjoyment of the millions of passerbys.

The weather is fine, and Ill make sure I get some photos to post.

Ill try to sum up my life for the past few months.
In Octover I moved out of that noisy and expensive apartment and moved into a small granny flat on the ground floor of an apartment where I could stay for free until the 20th of December. I met the owner on the beach!

Moved out of there into another part of town, Gloria, which is closer to the centre of town, and Im renting the place from one of the volley ball players from the beach. Hes in Recife for 2.5 months. Hes old, so the place smells of ammonia, theres no hot water, but surprisingly I dont miss it. Things were going well until the internet stopped working, and the unpaid notice arrived. And what with this being this time of year, it doesnt look as though I will have much internet access at home until... unfortunately I cant say! This is troubling.

Ive been continuing my workouts with Paulo as my personal trainer, and Im settling into the Carioca lifestyle, eating lots of rice and beans, chicken, red meat, as well as guzzling lots of Skol, Antartica and Itaipava, and regrettably my fair share of Coca Cola. Even chocolate has been on the menu here and there. Basically Im not thinking about what Im eating much.

Went to Unidos de Tijuca on Sat night, it was full to the brim of samba dancing pintosas! It was fun and I think Ive got the basic movements down. Need to practice though. I had a personal moment dancing samba with a caprihinia in hand wearing board shorts with hundreds sweating around you while the fireworks went off overhead (and even a few bits dropping into the crowd).The bus trip home was quite a ride and while waiting for it to arrive (buses run all night here) we took this hilarious photo of me lying down across everyones laps with me doing the peace sign at one end and my sneakers sticking out at the other. I had a good giggle before I got on the bus.

THE WEEK is the hot spot as far as clubs go, and 00 (Zero Zero) is pretty swanky too, but theyre both pretty much full of Rios rich elite... and the places themselves, well lets just say that they resemble in atmosphere and music and patronage what you would see in Melbourne or Sydney. Nice, but same same. And they are prohibitivly expensive for most of the poplulation, most of my friends included. I went once to THE WEEK, but doubt I will go again to a place thats like what we have back home (except that the DJs are CDDJs! ugh!) when I can visit things that we dont have, like the Samba schools and the Lapa area street party.

If youre craving more (yeah right) check my flickr photos, they are updated much more regularly than this blog.

Feliz novo ano para vocês.

P.S I can feel my Portugese getting better!

Labels: , ,


0 Responses to “Post for a Neglected Blog”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


+RSS | dev blog | Portfolio

About me

My status

Previous posts

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mathieutozer200. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page